Procrastination is one of the most common problems that college students face when writing their papers. While you may be working on your essay one minute, you’re already looking at the video that your friend sent via Skype the next. You realize that you have spent hours working on nothing, and your deadline is still tomorrow. Sounds familiar? You bet! The internet is flooded with information on time management, how to focus and how to avoid procrastination. The best part is that you don’t have to read through all of that information to find useful tips. We analyzed hundreds of different sources to find the 7 most important rules to help you make academic writing more effective. These are the rules:
- Rearrange your working place. Make your workplace a work environment that is friendly to everyone. Get rid of all unnecessary items (magazines, discs, piles of stationery, etc.). But don’t overdo! You won’t want to use it if it becomes a mere table with a computer.
- Just get started. Sometimes, all you need to do is put your worries aside and start writing. Do not panic! Take it slow and take baby steps, one at a time.
- Make a plan. Calculate the time it will take to complete each task. To get the real time, be realistic and add 10% to your estimated time.
- Prioritize your To-Do List. Sort tasks by importance and urgency. Focus on the important things first and tackle difficult assignments later.
- Identify your motivation. You don’t have the obligation to do this, but you do want to. It can help to be a little scared by thinking about the possible consequences of your failure.
- Create a reward system. Each time you complete an item, please give yourself a small reward. It is possible to turn distractions like browsing social media and watching videos into rewards. After you’re done with college writing assignments, treat yourself.
- Ask for help if you need it. You can also ask a friend for help or use professionals like BookwormLab.com for stress relief.
It is easy to overcome procrastination. Just follow these rules and you’ll be able to get rid of it forever. We hope you find our tips for maximising college homework useful. Do you have any good advice? We would love to hear it. P.S. P.S.